Truthfully, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Cincinnati is to compare prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Ohio.
First, try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
A study showed that almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Ohio being $1,300, drivers can save as much as 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Intrepid insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Cincinnati auto insurance quotes online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Online Discount – A few companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, good student, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, good student, multi-policy, payment discounts, new car, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, new move discount, newly married, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, early bird, mySafetyValet, good driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Cincinnati. To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Intrepid insurance quotes in Cincinnati, click here to view.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If you want cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Cincinnati that can provide free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Cincinnati?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Cincinnati insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Cincinnati can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Cincinnati that can give you rate quotes.
One last thing to lower rates
When you buy Cincinnati auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Dodge Intrepid insurance in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Cincinnati auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)