It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Cincinnati drivers could save approximately 55% each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Cobalt insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Cincinnati. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Cincinnati is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Ohio vehicle owners do need to understand how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Cobalt insurance in Cincinnati is to know the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details such as if you require a SR-22, an estimate of your credit level, how you use your vehicles, and what you do for a living. Your details gets transmitted to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Cobalt now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Cincinnati.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Cincinnati, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Discounts can help save money on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Cincinnati
Auto insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, defensive driver, family discount, loyalty savings, and annual mileage.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good driver, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, good driver, online shopper, paid-in-full, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, teen driver, business and professional, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in every state.
Facts and figures for Chevy Cobalt insurance
The premium table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Chevy Cobalt models. Learning how car insurance premiums are determined can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$276||$262||$16||$78||$752||$63|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$276||$262||$16||$78||$752||$63|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$138||$276||$290||$18||$86||$808||$67|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$138||$276||$290||$18||$86||$808||$67|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$276||$262||$16||$78||$770||$64|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$156||$276||$290||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$174||$358||$290||$18||$86||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage prices substantially.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions drive up Chevy Cobalt premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Cobalt yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Get More Affordable Insurance with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates.
- Too many insurance claims will drive prices up – Auto insurance companies in Ohio give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Better premiums on vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- High credit means lower prices – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Cobalt by repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.