The preferred way to save on auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Cincinnati.
Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Tiguan insurance. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Regrettably, most Ohio car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in America could save nearly $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the best rates in Cincinnati is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Practically anyone who shops around for insurance will more than likely be able to find better rates. But Ohio drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including an estimate of your credit level, marital status, how old drivers are, and if you are currently licensed. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Cincinnati, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Cincinnati, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Cincinnati is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance statistics and figures
The premium information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Volkswagen Tiguan models. Having a good grasp of how insurance quotes are determined is important for drivers to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$106||$214||$234||$14||$70||$638||$53|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$106||$214||$234||$14||$70||$638||$53|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$120||$252||$234||$14||$70||$690||$58|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$120||$252||$234||$14||$70||$690||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Cincinnati location which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Cincinnati insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and fender-benders can influence Volkswagen Tiguan auto insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of insurance rates by age and gender in Cincinnati
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no specific rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Tiguan replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
You may qualify for discounts for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Cincinnati
Some companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Signing – Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Tiguan insurance in Cincinnati.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Cincinnati. If you would like to see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Cincinnati insurance agencies?
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Cincinnati car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Randy Wagner
1167 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 474-4100 – View Map
- Mike Albrinck – State Farm Insurance Agent
9018 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 563-9099 – View Map
- Greg Meinberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
3322 Erie Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 533-1661 – View Map
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cincinnati that are able to give price quotes.
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
- CMS Insurance Inc
2756 Erie Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 321-2000 – View Map
- Iori Insurance Agency
3310 Westbourne Dr – Cincinnati, OH 45248 – (513) 661-2445 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to your policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
How much can you save?
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Low-cost Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Cincinnati can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)