Unimaginable but true, most insurance policyholders in Ohio kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Most drivers in America can cut their rates by up to $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to do a rate comparison.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell insurance in Cincinnati.
- Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Cincinnati is not that difficult. Drivers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to shop for car insurance from many different companies online.
Compare Honda Clarity insurance rates
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If you want cheaper car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Cincinnati Clarity insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Clarity, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your Honda. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Clarity more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is overpaying over $869 every year so we recommend shopping around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
How Your Clarity Insurance Premiums are Determined
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
Multiple policies with one company – The majority of insurance companies provide a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Vehicles with better crash test results lower prices – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Male premiums may be higher – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males have fender benders at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Vehicle features can affect premiums – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft.
Insurance lapses lead to higher insurance rates – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Being married brings a discount – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Eliminate incidental coverages – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Get cheap Honda Clarity insurance in Cincinnati with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before being credited.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for switching policies early. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, good driver, good student, safe vehicle, passive restraint, accident-free, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, safety features, new move discount, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, anti-theft, bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be offered in Cincinnati.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in Cincinnati.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Cincinnati?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cincinnati?
Which car insurance company is best in Ohio?
Finding the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Cincinnati. The ranking data shown below can help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Compare but don’t skimp
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Honda Clarity insurance in Cincinnati can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)