It’s astonishing, but over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Cincinnati could pocket almost 55% a year, but they think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
The best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Cincinnati. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more details to prevent high prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to compare every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
All major car insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. This process is quite simple as you just enter the coverages you want on the page. When complete, their rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for GMC Envoy insurance in Cincinnati helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get cheap car insurance pricing.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Save money with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Envoy insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good driver, good student, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, distant student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, good student, early shopping, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-policy, good student, and federal employee.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good driver, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for defensive driving, family plan, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Cincinnati. To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Cincinnati, click here.
Why you need insurance for your GMC Envoy
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in Cincinnati, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Envoy greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Ratings for Cincinnati auto insurance companies
Choosing the highest-rated insurer is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Ohio. The ranking information shown below can help you decide which companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I rate my GMC Envoy as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my GMC Envoy to commute?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Cincinnati?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Cincinnati that can give you rate quotes for GMC Envoy insurance in Cincinnati.
- Brad Robbins – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Mozart Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-2200 – View Map
- Hettesheimer Insurance Agency Inc.
3254 Montana Ave #1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-7581 – View Map
- Meissner Insurance Agency
3710 Harrison Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-4426 – View Map
- Dennis Howard – State Farm Insurance Agent
309 W Kemper Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45246 – (513) 771-1436 – View Map