A recent car insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Cincinnati drivers could save $700 every year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Cincinnati is to regularly compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Ohio. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for instructions to get better rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Quoting and comparing the best car insurance policy in Cincinnati is simple if you know the tricks. You just have to learn the proper methods to compare different rates over the internet.
Companies offering affordable Ford Freestyle price quotes in Cincinnati, OH
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you want cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance rates in Cincinnati
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Cincinnati car insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Free – Cincinnati drivers who stay claim-free pay much less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of companies who offer cheap Ford Freestyle insurance quotes in Cincinnati in Ohio, click here.
Compare rates but work with a local Cincinnati insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to companies in Cincinnati that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
When finding an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Rick Wertz – State Farm Insurance Agent
7736 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45255 – (513) 231-0100 – View Map
- Deatria Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3252 N Bend Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 661-0400 – View Map
- Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Dillhoff Insurance
120 E 4th St # 1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 621-2020 – View Map
- Iori Insurance Agency
3310 Westbourne Dr – Cincinnati, OH 45248 – (513) 661-2445 – View Map
- CMS Insurance Inc
2756 Erie Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 321-2000 – View Map
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for surgery, nursing services, dental work and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, hail damage, damage from flooding, falling objects and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, bail bonds, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Freestyle to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Freestyle.
Due to the fact that many Ohio drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Smart consumers save more
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare Ford Freestyle insurance car insurance rates in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Cincinnati car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Cincinnati is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, so you need to shop Cincinnati car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Escape in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)