The recommended way to save on car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers in Cincinnati. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved over $850 each year compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on auto insurance is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to find and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Cincinnati is much easier if you have a good place to start. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most effective way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Affordable Cincinnati Dodge Dakota insurance quotes online
The companies shown below provide quotes in Ohio. To get cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Dodge Dakota insurance analysis
The premium information displayed next covers estimates of insurance costs for Dodge Dakota models. Having a better understanding of how rates are figured can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$114||$220||$292||$18||$88||$732||$61|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$114||$220||$292||$18||$88||$732||$61|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$130||$220||$292||$18||$88||$748||$62|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$220||$292||$18||$88||$748||$62|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$258||$292||$18||$88||$786||$66|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$258||$292||$18||$88||$786||$66|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$258||$292||$18||$88||$802||$67|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$258||$234||$14||$70||$722||$60|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$258||$234||$14||$70||$722||$60|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$258||$234||$14||$70||$722||$60|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$258||$234||$14||$70||$740||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
How careless driving impacts car insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can impact Dodge Dakota car insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Don’t overlook these eight Dodge Dakota insurance discounts
Companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Cincinnati could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your premiums.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, seat belt use, driver training, federal employee, anti-theft, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for driver training, early quote, continuous insurance, student away at school, good student, multi-policy, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, good student, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, multi-car, youthful driver, good student, and teen driver.
- Esurance has savings for renters, DriveSense, paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, multiple autos, student away at school, anti-theft, accident-free, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for type of vehicle, ease of repair, anti-theft, good student, and low natural disaster claims.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer free Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in Ohio, click here to view.