The best way to get the cheapest Chevy Equinox insurance in Cincinnati is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell insurance in Ohio. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices will presumably switch insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Cincinnati is your objective, then understanding how to compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
Lower-cost Cincinnati auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Onboard Data Collection – Cincinnati drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to monitor driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, and good student.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, safe driver, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in Cincinnati. If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes online. Comparing Chevy Equinox insurance rates online doesn’t take much effort because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. Using the web to get rates for Chevy Equinox insurance in Cincinnati makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Cincinnati, OH. In order to find the best car insurance in OH, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table displayed next highlights different policy rates for Chevy Equinox models. Learning how insurance rates are formulated helps drivers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$136||$270||$296||$18||$88||$808||$67|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$136||$270||$296||$18||$88||$808||$67|
|Equinox LS AWD||$136||$270||$296||$18||$88||$808||$67|
|Equinox LT AWD||$136||$270||$296||$18||$88||$808||$67|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$154||$318||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$154||$318||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$154||$318||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence prices considerably.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Cincinnati that provide free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Cincinnati?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Cincinnati exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give comparison quotes.
How to find a good Ohio auto insurance company
Selecting the top car insurance company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Ohio. The company information shown below may help you select which auto insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
More affordable insurance in Cincinnati can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Cincinnati auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)