If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Cincinnati is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Ohio. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations and poor credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cincinnati. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important note is to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but about 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could save about 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you can learn to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Comparison shopping for the best-priced policy in Cincinnati is easy to do. Consumers just have to know the quickest method to shop for insurance from many different companies online.
Finding a lower price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Drivers just need to take the time to compare rates to see which company has cheaper Cincinnati car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Cincinnati, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Affordable rates on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Cincinnati with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- No Claim Discounts – Cincinnati drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total Rendezvous insurance premium.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view companies who offer free Buick Rendezvous insurance quotes in Cincinnati, click here to view.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Cincinnati insurance agencies?
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company should depend on more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you need to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Cincinnati that can give you rate quotes.
- Jackie Meadows – State Farm Insurance Agent
2036 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 474-4940 – View Map
- Steve Ulmer – State Farm Insurance Agent
3518 Glenmore Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-4300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Marianne Geiger
4204 Plainville Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45227 – (513) 808-4811 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to include several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give price quotes.
- Ohio Insurance Center
7404 Hamilton Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 522-6300 – View Map
- Kent Insurance Inc
7520 Montgomery Rd # 2 – Cincinnati, OH 45236 – (513) 791-6060 – View Map
- Rick Hensley Insurance Agency
747 Ohio Pike – Cincinnati, OH 45245 – (513) 797-8300 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the minimum liability in Ohio?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Don’t get traffic citations – Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Vehicle options can affect premiums – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Many insurance companies give a discount for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
Your job and car insurance rates – Careers such as military personnel, architects, and miners are shown to have the highest rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, historians and performers pay the least.
Stay claim-free and save – Insurance companies in Ohio give most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Cincinnati. The ranking information shown below can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Persistent drivers can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheap Buick Rendezvous insurance in Cincinnati can be sourced both online in addition to many Cincinnati insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)