Think you have an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,340, Ohio drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company. Due to the abundance of online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate a lower cost insurance company.
Low Cost companies for Acura RLX insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Ohio. To buy cheaper car insurance in Ohio, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Earn discounts on Cincinnati car insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Acura RLX insurance in Cincinnati.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, and multi-car.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, accident-free, multi-vehicle, good driver, and air bags.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free Cincinnati car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Cincinnati. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer online Acura RLX insurance quotes in Ohio, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- How high should deductibles be on a Acura RLX?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Acura RLX?
- Does my Acura RLX qualify for pleasure use?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Cincinnati insurance agencies?
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Cincinnati.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Cincinnati that can give you free Cincinnati car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When finding a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you will want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Cincinnati that can give you price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive agents in Cincinnati willing to provide price quotes.
Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Cincinnati?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cincinnati?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
How to find a good Cincinnati car insurance company
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Cincinnati. The company ratings below may help you choose which providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses such as dental work, chiropractic care, hospital visits, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and hitting a deer. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your RLX resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your RLX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25 in Ohio), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Cover all your bases
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Cincinnati is definitely available both online in addition to many Cincinnati insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Acura RLX insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to find affordable quotes for Acura RLX insurance in Cincinnati
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Cincinnati is to compare prices regularly from companies in Ohio. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on RLX insurance. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)