If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Cincinnati is to annually compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Ohio. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price will most likely switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Cincinnati is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Cincinnati can be made easier if you know where to look. Drivers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare prices online.
Insurance data for an Acura MDX
The information shown next highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Acura MDX models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$224||$382||$234||$14||$70||$924||$77|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$224||$382||$234||$14||$70||$924||$77|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$224||$382||$234||$14||$70||$924||$77|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$224||$382||$234||$14||$70||$924||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can modify price quotes considerably.
Careless driving habits raise insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can raise Acura MDX auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Acura MDX insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no written rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Acura MDX replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Gender matters – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The information below compares Acura MDX insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura MDX scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- You might have higher prices if you are single – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Acura MDX historical loss data – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura MDX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Acura MDX Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Find cheap auto insurance prices by comparing often
When getting Cincinnati auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to shop for Acura MDX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)