Inconceivable but true, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Ohio drivers could save almost 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper Chrysler Sebring insurance in Cincinnati is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Ohio. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Cincinnati is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Ohio consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies set your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Sebring insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include professional/association, ease of repair, accident-free, annual mileage, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, and good driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, business or organization, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Cincinnati is to understand most of the larger companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information including whether you are married, if a SR-22 is needed, how much coverage you want, and what you do for a living. That information is then submitted to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. To find cheaper car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Chrysler Sebring insurance statistics and information
The price information shown below showcases a range of insurance rates for Chrysler Sebring models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are established can help you make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$342||$232||$14||$70||$828||$69|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$342||$232||$14||$70||$828||$69|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$192||$342||$232||$14||$70||$850||$71|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$192||$342||$232||$14||$70||$850||$71|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$214||$392||$232||$14||$70||$922||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can revise coverage prices significantly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chrysler Sebring auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Ohio. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chrysler Sebring settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
How to know if you need help
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I rate my Chrysler Sebring as pleasure use or commute?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Cincinnati who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cincinnati?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find a good Cincinnati insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Cincinnati are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Cincinnati exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Cincinnati who can help you get rate quotes.
There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Cincinnati can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cincinnati Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)