To save the most money, the best way to get affordable Subaru BRZ insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Cincinnati.
- Learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives the details to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Cincinnati. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s hard to fathom, but over 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Cincinnati could save $730 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both get in fender benders in similar percentages, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- How many miles do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Subaru every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your BRZ is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is showing annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Low stress job equals lower rates – Occupations like lawyers, airline pilots, and stock brokers have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Ohio award cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Subaru BRZ insurance loss data – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher losses will be charged more to insure.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Subaru BRZ Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Subaru BRZ insurance in Cincinnati
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited. If you do not double check each discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Cincinnati can save a few bucks because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, driver’s education, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, driver training, military active duty, membership and employees, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate discounts include passive restraint, premier discount, utility vehicle, safe driver, and new car.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and education and occupation.
If you need low cost Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Cincinnati, click this link.
Persistence will pay off
More affordable car insurance in Cincinnati can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Cincinnati auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find lower-cost Subaru BRZ insurance in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)