It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of insureds in Ohio have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the United States could save almost 46.5% every year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance in Cincinnati is to start comparing rates regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the best rates in Cincinnati can be made easier if you know where to look. Smart buyers only need to know the most efficient way to shop instantly.
Rates and statistics
The rate table shown below covers different coverage costs for Lexus IS 250 models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are calculated can aid in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$268||$182||$10||$54||$638||$53|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$138||$268||$182||$10||$54||$652||$54|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$138||$268||$214||$12||$64||$696||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location which can impact auto insurance rates significantly.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Lexus IS 250 yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus IS 250 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Take advantage of these nine discounts on Lexus IS 250 insurance in Cincinnati
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Cincinnati attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Having primary and secondary vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
The information below compares Lexus IS 250 auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may have most of these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with discount rates in Cincinnati, follow this link.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
This coverage covers damage to your IS 250 caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your IS 250 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, rock chips in glass, vandalism and a broken windshield. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Ohio requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, surgery and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lexus IS 250.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-conscious Lexus IS 250 insurance can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Cincinnati car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
You just read a lot of tips how to compare Lexus IS 250 insurance car insurance rates in Cincinnati. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Cincinnati car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Much more information about insurance in Ohio is available at the links below
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cincinnati Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)