It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably move their business because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved over $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Buick Rainier insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save on Buick Rainier insurance in Cincinnati is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Immediately put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
How to get Cincinnati Buick Rainier insurance quotes
Getting a cheap price on Buick Rainier insurance is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a few minutes to compare rates from some recommended companies.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Cincinnati, OH. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick Rainier, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Buick for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Ohio is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount they offer very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Cincinnati auto insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Cincinnati attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including military installation, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and new vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, good driver, defensive driver, bundled insurance, early bird, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, online shopper, Switch & Save, good student, safety device, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, early shopping, pay in full, homeowner, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, passive restraint, accident-free, and driver’s education.
When getting free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in Cincinnati.
You may need help from an insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Cincinnati that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long has the business existed?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When looking for local Cincinnati agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Cincinnati agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Cincinnati that can give you price quote information.
- Mike Albrinck – State Farm Insurance Agent
9018 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45215 – (513) 563-9099 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Shellie Burke
4734 Vine St – Cincinnati, OH 45217 – (513) 242-2777 – View Map
- Mark Redmond – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Colerain Ave Ste 202 – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 221-7836 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to include multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Below are Cincinnati independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
- Dempsey and Siders Insurance Agency
6725 Miami Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 891-4400 – View Map
- Hettesheimer Insurance Agency Inc.
3254 Montana Ave #1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-7581 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my trailer covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are in Cincinnati. The ranking data shown below can help you decide which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high prices, questionable increases in premium or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Affordable Buick Rainier insurance in Cincinnati can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More information can be read on the following sites: