The easiest way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Cincinnati. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Equus coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Ohio could save almost $700 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Cincinnati auto insurance quote when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Equus insurance in Cincinnati.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts should definitely cut your car insurance premiums.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, type of vehicle, multi-car, age of vehicle, annual mileage, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, distant student, mature driver, good student, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Allstate has discounts for premier discount, senior citizen, auto/life discount, safe driver, and early signing.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military active duty, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Cincinnati. To find car insurance companies who offer cheap Hyundai Equus insurance quotes in Cincinnati, follow this link.
Low cost Hyundai Equus insurance prices in Cincinnati, Ohio
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Get better rates if married – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Don’t abuse claims – Auto insurance companies in Ohio give lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Cheaper to insure gals? – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Raise deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Loss statistics for a Hyundai Equus – Companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Equus vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Equus 4dr||155||83||225||85|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Many people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. A good agent in Cincinnati will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
When searching for a local Cincinnati insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give rate quotes.
- Chuck Detmering – State Farm Insurance Agent
2638 Kipling Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 741-4500 – View Map
- Steve Ulmer – State Farm Insurance Agent
3518 Glenmore Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-4300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Marianne Geiger
4204 Plainville Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45227 – (513) 808-4811 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you should always get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Cincinnati who can help you get price quotes.
- Ohio Insurance Center
7404 Hamilton Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 522-6300 – View Map
- Zinser Insurance Agency LLC
5310 Glenway Ave # 1 – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8898 – View Map
- Advantage Insurance Network LLC
4739 Delhi Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-9460 – View Map
Insurance in Ohio serves several purposes
Even though Cincinnati Equus insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Equus with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Ohio is overpaying over $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
One last thing about your coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Hyundai Equus insurance premium rates online in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cincinnati Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)