Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Cincinnati. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like inattentive driving and bad credit can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to lower rates and find hidden discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Cincinnati. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Make sure you store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Ohio could save as much as 55% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Ohio. To get cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Cadillac vehicle
Even though Cincinnati XLR insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your XLR, most banks will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Ohio overpays more than $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Cadillac XLR insurance in Cincinnati with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current XLR insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when getting a Cincinnati auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Cadillac XLR insurance in Cincinnati.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will lower the amount you have to pay.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, bundle discounts, distant student, teen driver, and early shopping.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, federal employee, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- Esurance may include discounts for good student, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, and online shopper.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, good student, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
When getting free Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in Cincinnati.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Cincinnati.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Cincinnati that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Cincinnati who can help you get price quote information for Cadillac XLR insurance in Cincinnati.
- Hettesheimer Insurance Agency Inc.
3254 Montana Ave #1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 661-7581 – View Map
- Jackie Meadows – State Farm Insurance Agent
2036 8 Mile Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 474-4940 – View Map
- Dempsey and Siders Insurance Agency
6725 Miami Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45243 – (513) 891-4400 – View Map
- Kristen Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8952 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 681-6400 – View Map
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
Upon receiving positive feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Cincinnati auto insurance companies
Selecting a good quality insurance company is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Ohio. The rank data in the lists below may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Affordable coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Cadillac XLR insurance prices in Cincinnati. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Cincinnati auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Cincinnati Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Malibu in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)