It’s shocking but the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Ohio insurance shoppers could save up to 55% each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Audi TT RS insurance in Cincinnati is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell insurance in Ohio. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Save money with these discounts on Audi TT RS insurance in Cincinnati
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data collection to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a Cincinnati car insurance quote.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, safety features, new move discount, and newly retired.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, multiple vehicles, mature driver, multi-policy, and teen driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and teen safe driver.
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Cincinnati. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ohio, click this link.
Cutting your Cincinnati auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to take the time to compare rates to see which company has low cost Cincinnati car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Cincinnati auto insurance agent
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Cincinnati.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Cincinnati car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Cincinnati are either independent or exclusive. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Cincinnati who can help you get pricing information.
- Zinser Insurance Agency LLC
5310 Glenway Ave # 1 – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8898 – View Map
- Christenson Lewis Insurance Agency
4484 Mt Carmel Tobasco Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45244 – (513) 528-4222 – View Map
- CAI Insurance Agency, Inc.
2035 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 221-1140 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati who can help you get price quote information.
- Mike Schweppe – State Farm Insurance Agent
5956 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 922-1442 – View Map
- Greg Meinberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
3322 Erie Ave #102 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 533-1661 – View Map
- Deatria Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3252 N Bend Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 661-0400 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage. Just be aware that you can cancel a policy at any time so don’t assume you are locked into any particular company for the entire policy term.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your Audi TT RS insurance premium rates in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)