Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Consumers in Ohio could save an average of $729 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they switched.
The best way we recommend to save money on Audi S5 insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Cincinnati. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Driving Data Discount – Cincinnati drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Audi S5 insurance rates in Cincinnati.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive better car insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Cincinnati Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Audi S5 insurance prices with and without discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Travelers may include discounts for IntelliDrive, driver training, good student, early quote, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and new move discount.
- American Family has discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. To see car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Cincinnati, click this link.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Audi S5 insurance in Cincinnati is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if you’re married, any included safety features, your credit rating estimate, and distance driven. Your information is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company cheaper Audi S5 insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Cincinnati.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Cincinnati, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Audi S5 insurance rates and statistics
The coverage table shown next outlines estimates of rate quotes for Audi S5 models. Understanding how insurance prices are established can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$556||$234||$14||$70||$1,120||$93|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$556||$234||$14||$70||$1,120||$93|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$246||$498||$234||$14||$70||$1,062||$89|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$614||$234||$14||$70||$1,178||$98|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$246||$614||$234||$14||$70||$1,178||$98|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$556||$234||$14||$70||$1,144||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
What Determines Audi S5 Insurance Costs?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates. Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance level of the car you own makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below uses these variables: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Audi S5 insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurers allow a discount to people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Premiums also based on gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi S5 premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
City traffic equals higher rates – Residing in areas with lower population can save you money when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. City drivers have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your Audi in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your S5 can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage is rated on annual mileage.
An active insurance claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies in Ohio provide most affordable rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Coverage lapses raise rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Ohio DMV.
Better credit means lower premiums – Having a good credit score can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Audi S5 if you improve your credit rating.
Audi S5 insurance loss statistics – Insurers use claims history to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Audi S5 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S5 2dr 4WD||197||85||161||68|
|Audi S5 Convertible 4WD||162||62||124|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What happens if I owe more than my Audi S5 is worth?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Cincinnati.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Cincinnati that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy insurance from a good Cincinnati insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Cincinnati that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Dillhoff Insurance
120 E 4th St # 1000 – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 621-2020 – View Map
- Henry Insurance Agency LLC
2757 Observatory Ave #22 – Cincinnati, OH 45208 – (513) 871-7700 – View Map
- CAI Insurance Agency, Inc.
2035 Reading Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45202 – (513) 221-1140 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Cincinnati that are able to give price quote information.
- Ken Kunkel – State Farm Insurance Agent
6708 Cheviot Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45247 – (513) 385-6667 – View Map
- Bob Donnelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
2063 Beechmont Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45230 – (513) 231-4975 – View Map
- Beth Wilker – State Farm Insurance Agent
8406 Winton Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 521-0884 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi S5 in Cincinnati, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your S5, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Audi and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Best car insurance company in Cincinnati
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Ohio. The ranking information in the lists below can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Top 10 Cincinnati Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Cover all your bases
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your Audi S5 insurance premium rates in Cincinnati. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites: