We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who get price comparisons are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $865 a year compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Cincinnati is your ultimate target, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable Chevy SS insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Cincinnati. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cincinnati. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Cincinnati, OH. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Cincinnati, OH, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Determine discounts on Cincinnati insurance
Companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Cincinnati auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Claim-Free Discount – Cincinnati drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, safety device, homeowner, renters, multi-car, and DriveSense.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for good student, multi-car, newly married, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for multiple vehicles, student away at school, good student, air bags, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military active duty, membership and employees, good student, and air bags.
If you are trying to find low cost Cincinnati auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Cincinnati. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Chevy SS insurance discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Get Cheap Auto Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could result in cheaper rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- An active claims history can cost more – Companies in Ohio award discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Married drivers get better prices – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. It may mean you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your SS may be costing you.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Your liability limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Chevy SS statistical loss data – Companies study historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent. Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Cincinnati.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Cincinnati who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive and independent Cincinnati car insurance agents
If you are searching for a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive. Either can write insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Cincinnati that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Ohio Insurance Center
7404 Hamilton Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45231 – (513) 522-6300 – View Map
- Dabbelt Insurance LLC
5932 Glenway Ave – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 451-8050 – View Map
- Burkhart Insurance Agency
4291 Foley Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45238 – (513) 244-2500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cincinnati willing to provide price quote information.
- Nancy Hughett – State Farm Insurance Agent
2306 W Galbraith Rd – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 522-9343 – View Map
- Mark Redmond – State Farm Insurance Agent
7225 Colerain Ave Ste 202 – Cincinnati, OH 45239 – (513) 221-7836 – View Map
- Rick Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
3593 Westwood Northern Blvd – Cincinnati, OH 45211 – (513) 662-3593 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Cincinnati?
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What policy terms are available?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for Chevy SS insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet SS rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a small local company. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper Chevy SS insurance in Cincinnati is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Cincinnati agents, so you need to quote Cincinnati auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cincinnati Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Cincinnati? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cincinnati Car Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)